Pennsylvania Poll Data
Rasmussen Poll: Arizona Law SB 1070
Suppose the new Arizona immigration law was being considered for your state. Would you favor or oppose passage of that law in your state?
The U.S. Justice Department has decided to challenge the legality of Arizona’s new immigration law in federal court. Do you agree or disagree with the decision to challenge the legality of Arizona’s new immigration law?
A Rasmussen Poll of likely voters in Pennsylvania on June 2, 2010 found:
- 71% believe that the U.S. military should be deployed on the Mexican border to help prevent illegal immigration. Only 16% are opposed.
- 58% do not think the U.S. Justice Department should challenge the Arizona’s new immigration law in court. 22% support the Justice Department taking Arizona to federal court.
A Quinnipiac University Poll of voters in Pennsylvania conducted between November 26 - December 3, 2007 found:
- 72% favor stricter immigration laws and are opposed to amnesty
- 20% would not vote for a candidate if they completely disagree with him or her on immigration, but agree on other issues
A Susquehanna Polling and Research poll voters in Pennsylvania on Oct 1 - 6, 2006 found:
- 78% of Pittsburgh residents support the Hazelton, PA laws that are tough on illegal immigration.
- 78% of Republicans and 57% of Democrats support the tough immigration laws in Hazelton, P.A.
- 63% say they would like similar laws in their community as were established in Hazelton, PA, the "toughest place on illegal immigration in the country".