Support Immigration Enforcement in Virginia!
This week the Virginia Legislature passed two critical immigration enforcement bills!
- The House passed House Bill 481 (HB 481). HB 481 not only requires law enforcement to maintain custody of a criminal alien if U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issues a detainer, it also takes the important step of compensating any person injured by a criminal alien released in violation of its provisions.
- The Senate passed Senate Bill 270 (SB 270). SB 270 prohibits localities from enacting any ordinance, procedure, or policy that restricts the enforcement of federal immigration law, and strips funding from any locality that nonetheless adopts a sanctuary policy.
- Furthering the public safety and welfare of Virginia residents and visitors;
- Fighting illegal immigration by eliminating the attraction for illegal aliens to come to Virginia;
- Taking away competition for scarce jobs; and
- Providing ICE with critical assistance to enable it to accomplish its mission to identify and remove criminal aliens who are already in state or local custody.
< Previous Article
Next Article >