Say "No" to Making Massachusetts a Sanctuary State
Tomorrow, the Massachusetts Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security will be holding a public hearing on Senate Bill 1258 (SB 1258), which, if passed, would make Massachusetts a “sanctuary state” for illegal aliens and prohibit Massachusetts law enforcement from cooperating with federal immigration officials. The hearing will be held at 10:00am in State House, Room B-1.We need your help to stop this bill. Please call members of the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security today and urge them to oppose SB 1258.Tell members of the Committee:
- SB 1258 prioritizes the interests of criminal aliens over the safety of Massachusetts residents and visitors.
- SB 1258 will create a magnet for illegal aliens to move to Massachusetts and add to the overall financial burden of providing education and public services, while reducing job availability for legal residents.
- SB 1258 impedes the enforcement of immigration law by denying U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) the critical assistance it needs. Without state and local assistance, ICE cannot effectively accomplish its statutorily mandated mission to identify and remove criminal aliens who are already custody and subject to deportation.
- Sanctuary policies, like SB 1258, accommodate those who are violating our immigration laws, threaten public safety, and insult those legal immigrants who waited patiently to enter this country legally.
- Senate Chair James Timilty: 617-722-1222
- Senate Vice Chair Michael Moore: 617-722-1485
- House Chair Harold Naughton, Jr.: 617-722-2230
- House Vice Chair Linda Dean Campbell: 617-722-2430
- Sen. Sonia Chang-Diaz: 617-722-1673
- Sen. Jennifer Flanagan: 617-722-1230
- Sen. Richard Ross: 617-722-1555
- Sen. James Welch: 617-722-1660
- Rep. Bruce Ayers: 617-722-2230
- Rep. James Cantwell: 617-722-2140
- Rep. James J. Dwyer: 617-722-2220
- Rep. Paul Heroux: 617-722-2090
- Rep. Rady Mom: 617-722-2460
- Rep. Alan Silvia: 617-722-2877
- Rep. Paul Tucker: 617-722-2400
- Rep. David Vieira: 617-722-2230
- Rep. Timothy Whelan: 617-722-2014
< Previous Article
Next Article >