Full Time Positions
None currently available.
Join a team of dedicated professionals at a dynamic time in the immigration reform movement, as the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) expands its efforts to achieve stable immigration levels and enforceable immigration limits.
The State and Local Department at FAIR currently seeks a State and Local Counsel who will represent FAIR’s legislative and administrative interests before state legislatures, administrative and executive bodies, activists, advocacy groups, and the media.
Responsibilities of State and Local Counsel include analyzing and summarizing state and local legislation, ordinances, and initiatives; drafting policy briefs and grassroots alerts; engaging in direct and grassroots lobbying/activism; working with various FAIR departments to develop advocacy strategies; representing FAIR’s interests in issue-based coalitions; monitoring legislative committees and action; drafting reports, fact sheets, and testimony as needed; and otherwise obtaining legislative and political information and generally assisting the advocacy work of FAIR’s State and Local Department.
Primary Job Duties:
- Monitor and analyze state and local legislation, ordinances, and policy changes.
- Draft legislative summaries and policy briefs for a variety of audiences.
- Work with other departments to identify, inform, and mobilize activists, members, and supporters on key pieces of legislation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with legislators, legislative staff, advocacy groups and activists.
- Develop an expertise in immigration law, policy, and politics.
- Represent FAIR in coalitions, public meetings, hearings, press events, conferences, national forums, and in general communications with public officials, the media, FAIR members, the donor community, and the public.
- Assist FAIR’s departments with tasks relating to education, development, publications, and media coverage.
- Be a committed and effective advocate for all FAIR’s programs and objectives
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Juris Doctor Degree required. Must be barred in the District of Columbia (or must be willing and able to become D.C.-barred).
- Legislative experience preferred.
- Political judgment and sensitivity is a must.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including attention to detail.
- Unwavering commitment to professionalism in all aspects of one’s performance.
- Ability to conduct original research, analyze data, and produce work product in a consistent, efficient, and timely manner.
- Other relevant experience with public policy, education, grassroots organizing, communications, editing, and/or development.
- Ability to work effectively as part of FAIR’s legislative advocacy team.
The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is a non-partisan, national nonprofit dedicated to achieving responsible immigration policies, which includes limiting overall legal immigration and humanely stopping illegal immigration.
Cover letter indicating familiarity with our mission, resume, and one writing sample are required for your application to be considered. Please submit the required documents with salary history and preference to email@example.com.
The position is located at FAIR's headquarters in Washington, D.C. It is a full-time, non-exempt position. FAIR offers generous benefits; salary is commensurate with experience. The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. FAIR is a participant of E-verify. No agencies please.
Does your heart flutter when you see open and click through rates increase? FAIR is looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to ensure the delivery of our organization’s message to the appropriate email segments in order to drive fundraising and activism goals. The ideal candidate is a strong writer who is collaborative, flexible, digitally savvy, detail-oriented, creative and data-driven. The Email Marketing Specialist reports to FAIR’s Director of Digital Communications Strategy.
- Plan, develop and execute all email communications for the organization in partnership with appropriate departments.
- Perform day-to-day email marketing tasks including: designing creative, writing copy, reviewing and scheduling campaigns.
- Monitor email performance and generate analytics reports to assess delivery and campaign efficiency in order to inform decisions on future campaigns.
- Segment target audiences in email database and oversee lists to ensure subscribers are placed in the proper communication pathways at all times.
- Manage the email database for lead generation, clean out non-deliverable email addresses/opt-outs and attempt to revive inactive subscribers.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing and develop new email campaigns that drive engagement and donations; conduct research on email operations of similar organizations.
- Perform testing across all areas of email marketing including: landing pages, imagery, copy, subject lines, mobile optimization, etc.
- Collaborate with Government Relations, State & Local, Field, Media and Research departments to recommend email marketing best practices.
- Partner with Web and Development teams to guarantee marketing campaigns and promotions are integrated across all platforms including: social media, web, direct mail and email.
- Support Web team with various tasks (posting to blog, creating petitions, posting to website, etc.) as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Communications or Marketing.
- 2-4 years of related, proven successful work experience, preferably with an advocacy-oriented non-profit organization or a political campaign.
- Experience with email service providers, Salesforce preferred.
- Experience working with marketing automation tools, Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Solid knowledge of HTML and content management systems, Drupal preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with graphics tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in tracking email data, formulating reports and conducting A/B testing.
- Working knowledge of email best practices including: design principles, metrics, testing, data hygiene and compliance.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
- Strong analytical skills with understanding of Google Analytics.
- A collaborative spirit and team orientation.
- Interest in making a real difference with your work and comfortable working in a more controversial area of public policy.
- Must be creative, extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both cooperatively with departments across the organization and independently when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a program with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities, driving projects to completion.
Cover letter indicating familiarity with our mission, resume, and one writing sample are required for your application to be considered. Please submit the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located at FAIR's headquarters in Washington, D.C. It is a full-time, non-exempt position. FAIR offers generous benefits; salary is commensurate with experience. The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Interested in a fast-paced, rewarding media relations/communications job at Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), America’s largest immigration reform group that advocates for enforcement and controls that serve our nation’s interest? We’re seeking an energetic, do-it-all communications pro who can multi-task and is a dedicated team player.
Key job tasks include:
- Primary media contact for print and broadcast reporters.
- Contacts reporters with story ideas, observations.
- Writes news releases, blogs, web copy.
- Organizes and updates media databases (Cision/Agility);
- Writes well under deadline.
Candidates should have:
- A degree in journalism, marketing, communications, political science.
- A minimum of two years of experience and familiarity with the legislative process
- Non-profit or Hill experience preferred.
- An appetite for keeping abreast of news cycles and issue trends.
- Thrives in team environment.
- Ideal candidate will have the aptitude and/or experience to progress to an on-record spokesperson over time.
Cover letter indicating familiarity with FAIR’s mission, resume and one writing sample are required for your application to be considered. Please submit to email@example.com.
FAIR (fairus.org) is a non-partisan, national nonprofit dedicated to achieving responsible immigration policies, which includes limiting overall legal immigration and humanely stopping illegal immigration. Position is located in FAIR’s headquarters in Washington, DC. Position is full-time offering competitive benefits; salary is commensurate with experience.
The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.