New York Poll Data
April 3, 2012
Rasmussen Poll: Arizona Law SB 1070
Suppose the new Arizona immigration law was being considered for your state. Would you favor or oppose passage of that law in your state?
Zogby Poll (718 New York State voters)
- 65% oppose Governor Spitzer’s plan of making drivers’ licenses available to illegal immigrants
- 46% said that New York City clerks, who disagree with the rule, should refuse issuing driver’s licenses.
- 63% said they believe the proposal would hurt by encouraging undocumented immigrants to register to vote illegally and to improperly obtain other state benefits using their drivers’ licenses as identification.
- 64% disagreed with Spitzer’s rationale that once undocumented immigrants obtained licenses, they would also buy car insurance.
- 66% rate the issue of undocumented aliens’ driver’s license as important, compared with other issues facing New York. (4% “the most important issue” 28% “more important than most issues” and 34% “of medium importance”).
Empire State Poll
- 72% of New Yorkers think that entering the United States without valid immigration document should be made a criminal offense.
- 66% of New Yorkers support border controls.
- 45% of New Yorkers would like the number of immigrant to decrease.