New Hampshire Poll Data
Poll Reveals New Hampshirites Opposed to Senate Immigration Bill — June 2013
Pulse Opinion Poll of New Hampshire Voters on Immigration Policy
- 65% believe that illegal immigration negatively affects New Hampshire.
- 74% oppose in-state tuition subsidies and/or admission of illegal aliens to public universities.
- 60% support state involvement in immigration enforcement, similar to policies enacted in Arizona and other states.
- 37% believe illegal immigrants take jobs from American workers, while 30% believe they fill jobs Americans will not do.
- 51% support reducing overall immigration to the U.S., while only 8% support increasing immigration.
Suppose the new Arizona immigration law was being considered for your state. Would you favor or oppose passage of that law in your state?
The U.S. Justice Department has decided to challenge the legality of Arizona’s new immigration law in federal court. Do you agree or disagree with the decision to challenge the legality of Arizona’s new immigration law?
A Rasmussen Report poll conducted 881 Likely Republican Voters in New Hampshire on November 29th found:
- 25% (a plurality) rank immigration as the most important issue in determining their vote in the presidential election.
A CNN/ WMUR Poll taken from November 14-18, 2007 of 404 Republican voters found:
- 16% rank illegal immigration as the most important issue in determining their vote (ranked second only to the war in Iraq).
A New York/ CBS News Poll taken from November 9-12, 2007 of 719 attendants of New Hampshire Democratic and Republican Caucuses found:
- 62% of Republicans believe immigration is a serious problem. (30% “very serious” and 32% “somewhat serious”) compared to 36% of Democrats (24% “very serious” and 12% “somewhat serious”).
- 44% (a plurality) of Republicans believe illegal immigrants should be required to leave jobs and US, compared with 42% of Democrats (a plurality) who believe illegal aliens should be allowed to say and apply for citizenship.
- Among Republicans, immigration ranks first in “the one issue you would like candidates to discuss during the election.” Among Democrats, war/peace ranked first.
A Rasmussen Report poll conducted 772 Likely Democratic Voters in New Hampshire on November 5th found:
- 66% oppose granting drivers’ licenses to illegal aliens.
- 51% say that when police officers pull someone over for a traffic violation, they should routinely check to see if that person is in the country legally.
- 38% believe that if an illegal immigrant is discovered in this manner, they should be deported.