Massachusetts Poll Data
January 3, 2012
Pulse Opinion Poll of Massachusetts Voters on Immigration Policy
Among the key findings of the poll:
- 67% believe that illegal immigration negatively affects Massachusetts.
- 67% oppose in-state tuition subsidies and/or admission of illegal aliens to public universities.
- 56% support state involvement in immigration enforcement, similar to policies enacted in Arizona and other states.
- 42% believe illegal immigrants take jobs from American workers, while only 29% believe they fill jobs Americans will not do.
- 49% support reducing overall immigration to the U.S., while only 11% support increasing immigration.
Full Massachusetts Poll Results (PDF)
Rasmussen Poll: Arizona Law SB 1070
Suppose the new Arizona immigration law was being considered for your state. Would you favor or oppose passage of that law in your state?
The U.S. Justice Department has decided to challenge the legality of Arizona’s new immigration law in federal court. Do you agree or disagree with the decision to challenge the legality of Arizona’s new immigration law?
A Suffolk University / 7NEWS poll conducted of 500 registered voters in Massachusetts on December 5th found:
- 84% percent of Massachusetts voters believe that applicants for state benefits should produce proof of citizenship or legal residency. Only 12% were opposed to this policy.
- 63% percent believe that “everyone in America should be required to produce documents proving that they are here in the U.S. legally,” while 30% disagree.
A Rasmussen Report poll conducted of 500 likely voters in Massachusetts on December 5th found:
- 71% oppose granting drivers’ licenses to illegal aliens.
- 62% say that when police officers pull someone over for a traffic violation, they should routinely check to see if that person is in the country legally.
- 43% believe that if illegal immigrants are discovered in this manner, they should be deported
Boston Globe/WBZ Poll, MA Gubernatorial Election Poll, September, 2006
- 63% of likely voters oppose issuing drivers licenses to undocumented immigrants.
- 59% of likely voters oppose allowing illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition. (Boston Globe/WBZ Poll, MA Gubernatorial Election Poll, September, 2006)