- 82% think that businesses should be required to use E-Verify to determine a potential employee's work status. Only 12% oppose such a requirement (Rasmussen, May 2011).
- 61% favor a law in their state that would “shut down companies that knowingly and repeatedly hire illegal immigrants. Just 21% oppose such a law” (Rasmussen, May 2011).
- 65% believe that employers who hire illegal workers are a bigger problem than those who seek employment illegally in the U.S. (Rasmussen, May 2011).
- 66% of likely U.S. voters support strict government sanctions on employers who hire illegal immigrants (Rasmussen, March 2011).
- Of union households: 63% believe immigration is too high; 72% that there are enough American workers available to fill unskilled jobs; 71% believe that illegal immigration is due to a lack of enforcement, not unfair limits on legal immigration; 58% favor increased enforcement efforts to cause illegal aliens to return to their home countries (Zogby, November 2009).
- 71% believe that employers who knowingly hire legal workers should be arrested (Rasmussen, October 2009).
- 68% believe that employers who hire illegal aliens should be punished (Rasmussen, March 2009)
- 67% say enforcement officers should conduct surprise raids in places where immigrants are known to gather to find work, to identify and deport illegal aliens; 24% oppose these raids. (Rasmussen, March 2009)