A Pew Research Center telephone poll, in association with NPR, taken from September 5-October 06, 2007 of 3,086 adults found that:
- 48% of African Americans believe they would have more jobs if there were fewer immigrants.
- 64% believe immigrants outwork blacks at low wage jobs.
A Gallup Poll taken in June 2003 found that:
- 44% of African-Americans think that immigration should be decreased.
A Zogby International Poll taken in Sept. 2001 found that:
- 49% think amnesty for illegal immigrants is a “bad or very bad” idea.
Areport by Tarrance called “Black and Hispanic Attitudes Towards Immigration Policy published in August 1983 found that:
- 61% think illegal immigration depresses wages and is a major problem.