FAIR Rallies for Mayorkas Impeachment: Publishes Comprehensive Review of a Record of Betrayal
FAIR is pushing for the removal of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas for his complete failure to carry out the purposes for which he was appointed to his position.
For nearly three years, millions of illegal aliens have poured across our borders into cities all across America. Yet, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has steadfastly denied there is any border crisis, all while pointing fingers at others for the staggering collapse in order. There is a full-blown crisis at the border, and everyone knows it. Moreover, the responsibility rests squarely with the Biden administration and the policies Mayorkas has implemented at DHS.
What Secretary Mayorkas has done is clever, complex and effective. He has pieced together a variety of policies that allows DHS to parole in millions of aliens who have no prospect of ever being removed. Explaining these illegal policies and revealing how Mayorkas has implemented them has been priority number one for FAIR since his tenure began.
Last month, FAIR published its comprehensive review of Mayorkas’ malfeasance that has produced chaos throughout our immigration system. His policies have not only led to historic levels of illegal immigration, they have imposed unsustainable burdens imposed on states, cities, and communities all across the United States. The report dispels any notion that circumstance, bad luck, or a “broken system” are the primary causes of the surge of illegal immigration that began when this administration came to office. Rather, FAIR’s thorough examination of the record shows that the historic levels of illegal immigration under President Biden are the direct and intentional result of policies primarily designed by Alejandro Mayorkas. This report is a roadmap for impeachment.
The report looks at seven categories of actions taken by Secretary Mayorkas that have intentionally weakened border and interior immigration enforcement and encouraged millions of people to come to our country illegally. Among these are:
Dismantling Border Security
- On his very first day in office, President Biden canceled construction of the border wall. To ensure that future administrations will not be able to easily resume construction, Mayorkas authorized a fire sale of border wall construction materials – already paid for by American taxpayers – for pennies on the dollar.
- In October 2021, Mayorkas announced the termination of the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), also known as Remain in Mexico. The MPP required migrants to wait in Mexico while awaiting their asylum hearings. MPP took important steps towards decreasing asylum abuse and illegal border crossings. The cancellation resulted in a massive surge of asylum abusers.
- Mayorkas launched the CBP One mobile app that allows illegal aliens to enter through ports of entry – disguising the effort as a legal pathway. As recently as August, more than 45,000 illegal aliens using the app were processed through ports of entry and granted work permits.
- Mayorkas initiated an unprecedented abuse of parole authority that, by statute, can only be exercised on a case-by-case basis. Nevertheless, at least 1.4 million illegal aliens have been granted parole, and he continues to create new categories of foreign nationals who are eligible.
Dismantling Interior Immigration Enforcement
- Mayorkas has publicly declared that mere illegal presence in the United States is not sufficient grounds for removal, even though federal law says it is.
- Accordingly, he issued a series of “guidelines” in 2021 that narrow the scope of illegal aliens who can be targeted for removal to a tiny sliver of the illegal alien population, and limited where immigration enforcement officers can seek and arrest illegal aliens who meet these guidelines.
- Mayorkas resumed catch-and-release policies, preventing officers from detaining and removing illegal aliens. Mayorkas has led an effort to expand various “alternatives to detention” programs that not only grant aliens freedom to roam but to also access community services such as therapy and legal representation.
Other actions taken by Mayorkas, which are addressed in FAIR’s report, detail the new benefits and services (paid for by American taxpayers) that the Secretary has made available to illegal aliens, and how he has funneled federal dollars to organizations that aid and abet illegal immigration. The report also looks at the impact of these policies on national security, crime and public safety, and how they affect communities where large numbers of illegal aliens have settled.
Through this report, FAIR exposes Mayorkas’ actions for what they are: an intentional assault on the rule of law and our immigration institutions—the very institutions he was appointed to lead. His impeachment and removal is vital to our nation’s national security.
You can find our report, entitled Secretary Mayorkas: Betraying the American People, here.