Is the Border Crisis Coming to a Town Near You?
We have a crisis at the border! The illegal immigration of aliens under 18 is up an astounding 367% at the Rio Grande Valley since 2011. The Obama Administration has systematically sidetracked and derailed enforcement through numerous “executive memos” designed to gut deportations and border apprehensions.
The map below shows where those illegal aliens are crossing the Texas border at a estimated rate of 1,000 per day, where they are being flown at taxpayer expense to be processed, locations they are being released into the public and the projected locations where the Obama Administration plans to place unaccompanied minors into shelters managed by the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement.
Click on each marker placed on the map to learn more about what is happening at that location view the source of the information.
- Unaccompanied Children Summary, Congressional Advisory from June 11, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Justice AmeriCorps Legal Services for Unaccompanied Children, Announcement of Federal Funding Opportunity from the Corporation for National and Community Service (PDF)
- “Exclusive: White House Plans To Move 1,000 Immigrant Minors To Richmond, Baltimore” Buzzfeed, June 13, 2014
- Unaccompanied Children at the Southwest Border
An infographic released from the Department of Homeland Security to show what happens to an unaccompanied minor once he or she enters the U.S.
- Fact Sheet on the Unaccompanied Alien Children Program
The Unaccompanied Alien Children Program is under the Office of Refugee Resettlement, which is under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The Flow of Unaccompanied Children Through the Immigration System: A Resource for Practitioners, Policy Makers, and Researchers
This 2012 study from the Vera Institute of Justice is an in-depth look at the Unaccompanied Children Program.