Boston Immigrant Who Blew Up Apartment Filled With Bomb-Making Materials Is Not a Terrorist, Says Boston PD
Tomas Mikula is a citizen of the Czech Republic. Last week his East Boston apartment exploded. When police responded to the scene they found a badly burned Mikula, chemicals used to make explosives and PVC pipe, which is commonly used to make bomb casings. Officers then obtained a search warrant, searched Mikula’s apartment, and discovered a rifle, two pistols and 100 rounds of ammunition.Mikula was subsequently charged with the following criminal offenses:
- Unlawful possession of explosives.
- Unlawful possession of an incendiary device.
- Willful ignition/discharge of a destructive or incendiary device.
- Unlawful possession of a firearm (handgun).
- Unlawful possession of a firearm (rifle).
- Unlawful possession of ammunition.
- Unlawful possession of a high capacity firearm.
< Previous Article
Next Article >