Congress Can’t Get Enough DACA
In their rush to rescue Barack Obama’s unconstitutional DACA program, lawmakers are floating five bills that would grant green cards and citizenship to more than 1 million illegal immigrants. Aside from a few cosmetic enforcement provisions in a few of the bills, none of the proposed legislation would do anything to prevent or deter the next wave of illegal immigration.The bipartisan measures go beyond legalizing the 787,580 young people in DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals); they open the door to as many as 3,571,000 immigrants, according to one estimate. Legal permanent residence would be awarded to:
- 1,253,000 illegal immigrants under the SUCCEED Act by Sens. Thom Tillis, R-N.C.; James Lankford, R-Okla.; and Orrin Hatch, R-Utah.
- 1,399,000 under the Recognizing America’s Children (RAC) Act by Rep. Carlos Curbelo, R-Fla.
- 1,399,000 under the Border Security and Deferred Action Recipient Relief Act by Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz. (who announced his retirement this week).
- 1,730,000 under the DREAM Act of 2017 by Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Richard Durbin, D-Ill.
- 3,571,000 under the American Hope Act by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.
< Previous Article
Next Article >