Trump Throws Left Off Balance With Immigration Agenda
President Donald Trump’s policies are reforming and tightening America’s broken immigration system. Unveiling a 70-point list of policy initiatives this week, Trump challenged Congress to strengthen border security and uphold the rule of law.The Trump administration already has:
- Announced the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, an Obama program that has protected nearly 800,000 individuals from deportation.
- Issued new directives to Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents that expand the pool of the nation’s 11 million illegal aliens that can be arrested.
- Redirected more than 100 new immigration judges to more quickly process deportation cases, leading to a 21 percent increase in cases closed, according to the Justice Department.
- Threatened to withhold federal funding from so-called “sanctuary cities” that harbor illegal aliens and do not fully comply with lawful requests from federal immigration officials. This presumably applies to the newly declared “sanctuary state” of California.
- Ended an Obama-era help line for illegal immigrants and replaced it with a hotline for victims of crimes committed by illegals.
Next Article > Mass Immigration Lobby’s Campaign of Hate and Intolerance