Anti-Sanctuary Measures Advance to the LA Senate!
- HB 1148 prohibits state or local governments with sanctuary policies from borrowing any money from the state for new infrastructure projects, and bans state funding from being spent on the implementation or enforcement of sanctuary policies.
- HB 453 allows victims of crimes committed by illegal aliens released by sanctuary cities to sue the city or parish with such policy.
Both bills are currently waiting to be scheduled in the Senate. Call your Senator today and tell him or her that you support the House’s decision to pass critical anti-sanctuary legislation! The Senate may bring HB 1148 and HB 453 up for a vote as soon as next week!Tell these elected officials that cooperating with federal immigration authorities and complying with immigration detainers is smart public policy. The benefits of legislation aimed at increasing cooperation with federal immigration officials include:
- Furthering the public safety and welfare of Louisiana residents and visitors;
- Fighting illegal immigration by eliminating the attraction for illegal aliens to come to Louisiana;
- Taking away competition for scarce jobs; and
- Providing federal immigration officers with critical assistance to identify and remove criminal aliens who are already in state or local custody.