Are Your Senators Protecting American Lives?
The tragic murder of Kate Steinle allegedly by an illegal alien with seven convictions and five previous deportations demonstrates the clear danger that “sanctuary cities” pose to the safety of Americans. Indeed, the suspect admitted he went to San Francisco because he knew it is a sanctuary city-State and local jurisdictions with policies that obstruct immigration enforcement.Fortunately, true immigration reformer Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) has introduced the Protecting American Lives Act (S. 1842) that denies federal funds to sanctuary cities that defy our duly enacted immigration laws. Specifically, S. 1842:
- Requires State and local jurisdictions to share information on criminal aliens with the Federal government;
- Requires State and local jurisdictions to collect information on criminal aliens with the Federal government;
- Requires the Federal government to issue ICE detainers and State and local jurisdictions to comply with them; and
- Establishes mandatory minimum sentences for illegal reentry.
- You OPPOSE sanctuary cities which ignore federal immigration laws and jeopardize American lives;
- You expect them to COSPONSOR the Protecting American Lives Act (S. 1842);
- You expect them to DEMAND Senate GOP Leadership put S. 1842 on the Senate floor as soon as they return from August recess; and
- You expect them to VOTE for S. 1842 when it receives a floor vote.
< Previous Article
Next Article >