Action Alert: House Passes Bill Defunding Executive Amnesty
House Passes Bill Defunding Executive AmnestyBattle to Defund Moves to the Senate!FAIR is calling on our members, activists, and supporters to take action NOW to ensure the Senate follows suit and defunds President Obama’s executive amnesty.Call your Members of Congress NOW!This morning, the House of Representatives took an important first step in thwarting President Obama’s illegal executive amnesties. The House did so by approving two critical amendments to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) funding bill and then passing the DHS funding bill in its entirety.First, the House passed by a vote of 237-190 an amendment authored by Reps. Robert Aderholt (R-AL), Mick Mulvaney (R-SC), and Lou Barletta (R-PA). This amendment prohibits the use of Homeland Security funds or fees to:
- Implement President Obama’s November 2014 executive amnesty, known as the Johnson Memos;
- Implement most of the president’s 2011 executive amnesty, known as theMorton Memos;
- Provide any Federal benefit to any alien pursuant to any of the memos.
- You oppose President Obama’s executive amnesty
- You want Congress to stop the President’s abuse of power, now and in the future
- You expect Congress to defund the executive amnesty
- You demand that Congress act NOW to rein in President Obama’s abuse of power and restore respect for our immigration laws.
< Previous Article
Next Article >