White House Source Leaks Details of Obama’s 10-Point Executive Amnesty Plan
A source close to the White House told Fox News late Wednesday that President Obama plans to release a 10-point immigration plan as early as next week. Fox’s Mike Emanuel said the president was briefed on the action prior to leaving for his trip to Asia earlier this week.It is unknown whether the announcement was intentionally or accidentally leaked to Fox; either way it’s irrelevant. Democrats no longer need to convince Obama to “go big and go bold” while Republicans are not worried about if he will use his pen and phone to administratively grant amnesty as much as when he will do so and how they can defund it.The draft’s proposals are far more extensive than had been previously expected, dwarfing even President Ronald Reagan’s 1986 amnesty.
- The 4.5 million illegal aliens living with U.S. citizen children will be allowed to stay in the U.S.
- The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will be further expanded to include anyone who entered the country before age 16, affecting an estimated 300,000 aliens.
- Family members of illegal aliens enrolled in the military’s delayed entry program will be eligible for citizenship.
- The first 10,000 applicants to apply for legalization will receive a 50 percent discount.
- A State Department program will offer visas with a pathway to citizenship for 500,000 new technology workers.
< Previous Article Out of the Blue: Oregon Voters Send the New GOP Majority a Message on Immigration
Next Article > Harry Reid Calls on Obama to Delay Executive Amnesty