Votes on Gang of Eight Amnesty to Start This Afternoon...
After months of back room negotiations and deals with special interests, the U.S. Senate will vote on whether to bring to the Senate floor S. 744, the Gang of Eight amnesty bill, TODAY at 2:15 p.m. EDT.This important procedural vote will determine if the U.S. Senate will debate the longest and most expensive amnesty bill ever submitted to Congress.You can kill this bill today. Call your U.S. Senators NOW and demand that he or she vote NO on today’s vote. Click here to find the phone number for your Senators and talking points to help you with your call.With pressure from the White House, pro-amnesty Senators like Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) are demanding that this bill be rushed through the Senate before July 4 so that the American people don’t have time to learn the devastating impact this bill would have on our country.The bill might be called “comprehensive immigration reform” but these “reforms” only gut interior enforcement, fail to secure the border, and open the door for more than 34 million immigrants to come to the U.S. over the next decade. S. 744:
- Only requires the Secretary of Homeland Security to submit a plan to secure the borders in order to start amnesty for the estimated 11-12 million illegal aliens in the United States.
- Allows members of street gangs and criminals to receive amnesty.
- Permits illegal aliens to sue the government for amnesty, but does not require them to pay back-taxes or learn English.
- Allows the open borders and pro-amnesty lobbies to stop enforcement measures by filing lawsuits.
- Essentially halts all deportations by allowing every intercepted illegal alien to apply for amnesty and prohibits their deportation until the application is processed.
- Forces U.S. taxpayers to pay for legal fees for illegal aliens to fight deportation.
- Fast-tracks green cards and citizenship to illegal aliens after just five years if they claim to have entered the U.S. before the age of 16 and meet certain criteria.
< Previous Article
Next Article >