FAIR Alert: Big Business & Labor Unions Sell Out American Workers
Yesterday, an outline of the AFL-CIO and Chamber of Commerce’s deal on a new “guest worker” program was leaked to the public via Ezra Klein of the Washington Post. The deal, which sells out U.S. workers, shows the lengths to which special interests will go to craft an immigration deal on the backs of unemployed and struggling Americans.Specifically, the deal creates a new W immigrant visa program that:
- Allows employers to bring in 20,000 to 200,000 foreign workers each year in “lesser-skilled” occupations, including hospitality, janitorial, retail, construction, etc.
- Creates a loophole allowing businesses to exceed the 200,000 cap by paying a “premium”
- Allows foreign workers to petition for green cards after only one year, making them a permanent part of the U.S. labor force and NOT guest workers
- Allows professional recruiters to market jobs to foreign nationals, risking steep fees and abuse (while the requirements for recruiting American workers for those jobs remain unknown).
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid: 202-224-3542
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell: 202-224-2541
- Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin: 202-224-2152
- Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn: 202-224-2934
< Previous Article Poll: Less Than Half of Hispanics Support Citizenship
Next Article > State Local Bills to Watch: April 2, 2013