Jobs At FAIR
Social Media and Online Grassroots Coordinator
Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR)
FAIR is looking for a creative, driven, hardworking individual who is passionate about public policy and eager to speak up for sensible immigration policies that work for America's best interests. The ideal applicant should be dependable, flexible, detailed-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and able to work independently. This individual must have strong writing, editing, and communication skills and should be resourceful and creative.
The Social Media and Online Grassroots Coordinator's primary responsibility is to help develop, coordinate, and expand FAIR's online outreach to grassroots activists and supporters. This requires: (1) creating and posting content on FAIR's social media and website(s) in a timely manner, and (2): engaging activists and supporters through a variety of online means. The ideal candidate for this position is tech savvy, thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environment, and possesses a can-do attitude, high standards for all work products, and an entrepreneurial spirit. The Social Media and Online Grassroots Coordinator will report to FAIR's Digital Communications Strategist.
- Educate and engage FAIR activists by regularly updating social media pages.
- Manage “social pages” in FAIR's email software program, ExactTarget.
- Develop, execute and manage social media initiatives, including social media campaigns designed to educate and engage activists and supporters.
- Prepare, analyze, and report monthly on social media metrics.
- Monitor FAIR's social media and live responses/notifications in real time (as needed).
- Execute social media platform protocols (e.g. hashtags, direct messaging and re-pinning) and response / success metrics.
- Stay current with social media, market and industry trends.
- Conduct routine research about media strategies.
- Educate and engage FAIR activists by regularly updating content on FAIR's website.
- Assist with and support the grassroots efforts of other departments at FAIR, including weekly emails to members, email fundraising appeals, and activist action alerts.
- Develop grassroots-friendly materials, infographics and graphics that further FAIR's mission and goals in conjunction with Government Relations, State & Local, Field, Media, Research and Development departments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with activists and other key volunteers across the country.
- Design and execute email and web-based advocacy campaigns.
- Assist with the execution of community engagement such as surveys, petitions, and polls.
- Assist with FAIR's blog site ImmigrationReform.com.
- Keep activist toolkit up-to-date on FAIR's website.
- Create and maintain Web department's photo library and graphics catalog.
- Assist Webmaster with posting to the Web when needed.
- Manage FAIR's Scribd account.
FAIR's current social media and grassroots outlets:
- Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • Vimeo • Flickr • Piktochart
- Instagram • Scribd • Pintrest • Google+
- ImmigrationReform.com (FAIR's main blog)
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with grassroots/netroots in an organizing or advocacy role.
- Capitol Hill and/or political experience a plus.
- Familiarity with key aspects of the legislative process.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; ability to synthesize complex information while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively, to develop content for multiple audiences, and to solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both cooperatively with departments across the organization and independently when appropriate.
- Creativity and resourcefulness.
- Basic knowledge of developing and executing email advocacy campaigns.
PHP MS/Access and Excel.
- Fluency with the back-end tools to manage content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media channels.
- Knowledge of content management systems.
- Knowledge of Wordpress.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and AdWords Platform.
- Experience in social media applications; Hootsuite and coSchedule.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Graphics experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of branding for mobile apps.
Before applying, we encourage candidates to visit our website and become familiar with FAIR's mission. Applicants should send a resume, two writing samples, four references and link to online portfolio (if available.)
Applicants for any positions should send a resume and writing sample to:
25 Massachusetts Ave, N.W., Suite 330
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: (202) 387-3447
Email: Jen Harris
For general questions, please call 202-328-7004 or toll free at 1-877-627-3247.
Please note: unless specified otherwise, all positions listed above are in the Washington, DC headquarters office.
Updated March 2015