Legislation in the 114th Congress
Updates about bills in the 114th Congress
Summary of H.R. 4731: Refugee Program Integrity Restoration Act of 2016
Mar 21, 2016 | Permalink | |
H.R. 4731, introduced by Congressman Raul Labrador (R-ID), would restore Congressional authority over refugee admissions. Among other things, the bill establishes an annual cap of 60,000 refugee admissions and prevents DHS from unilaterally waiving most grounds of inadmissibility when determining eligibility for refugee status. The House Judiciary Committee marked up (amended) the bill on March 16 and passed the revised version out of committee.
- FAIR Supports H.R. 6198 - Digitization of Fingerprint Records for DHS
- FAIR Supports H.R. 5905, the Protect Our Southwestern States Enforcement (POSSE) Act
- FAIR Supports Senate Sanctuary City Bills
- Summary of S. 3100: Stop Dangerous Sanctuary Cities Act
- FAIR Opposes Kirk Amendment #4262 to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) S. 2943.
- Summary of S. 1120 A bill to make aliens associated with a criminal gang inadmissible, deportable, and ineligible for various forms of relief.
- Summary of H.R. 4856 A bill to make aliens associated with a criminal gang inadmissible, deportable, and ineligible for various forms of relief.
- Military Amnesty Policy Statement April 2016
- FAIR Supports H.R. 2793, the Tracking Reoffending Alien Criminals (TRAC) Act
- FAIR Supports Sen. Sessions’s Biometric Entry-Exit Amendment